about 8 years ago
So you're pretty sure that you have a good chance of winning the $15,000 Grand Prize, but how do you convince judges and the public that your app ranks supreme? Create a great submission video that highlights your app's key value proposition and features!
There are no set criteria in terms of length or content, however, screencasts – video screen captures with audio narration – are informative and highly recommended.
If you've never created a screencast before, check out:
- five tips on how to create one like a pro
- this good example of a winning app's video from another competition
- past apps competition winners' videos (from other competitions powered by ChallengePost)
Here are several screencasting software tools we like:
- For sreencast novices – screenr for Mac/PC
- For those who would like beefier editing features – Camtasia for Windows (free 30-day trial), and ScreenFlow for Mac (free trial)
- For Linux users – RecordMyDesktop
Want more options? See this comprehensive comparison of screencasting software tools.